Are you ready for the Pay Equity Act going into effect in July? Join us on May 15 in Boston for an informative and interactive panel centered on the MA Pay Equity Act!
The MA Pay Equity Act goes into effect on July 1, 2018. It may seem like you have plenty of time to push this to the back of your desk, but actually, there is a lot of work you can and should do now in anticipation of that effective date. Plus, new updates have recently been announced that we will review.
We will have the unique perspective of both a lawyer, practitioner who has recently implemented a pay equity plan in their organization, and an expert in the topic to answer any questions you might have surrounding this issue.
This panel will cover the following:
- Questions employers can and cannot ask in the hiring process as to pay history and verification
- Assessing comparable work across functional areas
- The limited scenarios in which variations in wages are acceptable
- Steps employers can take now to protect an organization once the law takes effect
- The role of Human Resources in communicating about compensation both in messaging and timing
This event is organized by NEHRA. For more information or to register, click here: http://www.nehra.com/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1099868&group=